Does the KoolKompany approach really benefit employees working in clothing factories?
The conditions in KoolKompany factories correspond with minimum World Trade Organisation Standards.
KoolKompany Fairtrade cotton certification guarantees that the cotton farmers get a fair price for their crop
KoolKompany has secured assurances from its manufacturers that their working practices meet universally accepted World Trade Organisation standards.
KoolKompany has also conducted independent assessment visits to ensure that these standards are met in practice.
We interview not only the factory management but also the workers, independently of the factory management, to get the most accurate picture possible of the prevailing working conditions from the workers themselves.
So we are working hard to achieve our goal that all of the people in the developing countries where our garments are manufactured receive a fair wage and optimum working standards.
KoolKompany has established workers welfare fund in its main factory
When we say we are building an ethical clothing project, we mean that we want to create an environment where everyone in the chain benefits - producers, manufacturers and customers alike. We are trying to generate a true team ethic throughout our manufacturing chain, where the workers know that if they work as part of the KoolKompany manufacturing process they are part of a family that cares about their working conditions and pro-actively checks that they are receiving a fair wage for their work.
The practical demonstration of KoolKompany's determination to help the workers in its manufacturing chain is reflected in the establishment of a KoolKompany staff welfare fund, which is being used for the sole purpose of benefiting the staff working in the factories. The fund provides medical help, recreational trips, further improvements to working conditions, and other benefits.
We also want that team ethic to feed through to our customers. This is why, for example, we are involving other like-minded businesses in the project, and why we want them to engage with our unique approach to doing business.
KoolKompany manufacturers undertake to:
- Prohibit the use of child labour. Specifically do not hire any employees under the age interfering with compulsory schooling. Comply with any other law that is required by the relevant countries' law for Child Labour;
- Comply with internationally accepted laws and workplace regulations in all locations where it conducts business;
- Not use involuntary or forced labour - indentured, bonded or otherwise;
- Provide a work environment free of harassment, abuse or corporal punishment in any form;
- Pay at least the minimum total compensation required by local law, including all mandated wages, allowances and benefits;
- Ensure that the number of hours worked each week do not exceed the country's legal limitations;
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment;
- Comply with environmental rules, regulations and standards applicable to its operations, and strive to observe environmentally conscious practices in all locations where it operates.
Koolskools Fairtrade cotton certification guarantees that the cotton farmers get a fair price for their crop
Look for the FAIRTRADE Mark on our products